April Fool's Day ... the first time the users got pranked on this specific date was in 2009. It was a while after this until the event became an annual tradition, and has since provided the community with a fun holiday. New dragons or variations of dragons have been released on this holiday, as have fake releases (the most common recurring theme).
April Fool's Day PranksEdit
- 2009 - Users were presented with Uncatchable Eggs in the main cave.
- 2010 - The Mod Mayhem release occurred. Aside from 4 standard species being released in-cave as expected, Guardian of Nature and Gold Dragons received sprite updates to their adults and eggs respectively, which was not featured on the news post.
- 2011 - Carrot Cave affected the cave as well as the forums, the Leetle Tree turned into a leetle broccoli and the red and green color vaiations of the Nebula Dragon were released. People who logged in on that day received a badge.
- 2012 - TJ announced a new site "Dino Cave". While being accessible no one could register because people needed mysterious invite codes.
- 2013 - Biggest Release Ever, the April Fools' eggs were eggs from this years and past "Festival of Eggs" events.
- 2014 - The feature "The Dragon Encyclopedia" was announced. Users previously thought it was a fake feature, but TJ pointed out that he posted the news topic on March 31, 2014 at 23:59.
- 2016 - Celestial Dragons were release in-cave, following the Easter and March release events very closely. This and the dragon's unique new BSA left many people confused long into the release as to whether the release was real or fake.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.