Valentine's Day is also a holiday celebrated on DragCave since 2009. Every year, a new Valentine's dragon will be released for a brief time while those from previous years can produce eggs of their own kind. Since 2012, the day is now also associated with a matching event.
Events and Dragons released over Valentine's Day so far:
- 2009: Spontaneous release of the Valentine Dragon (TJ09 implemented them roughly 15 minutes before the date rolled over to the 14th EST).
- 2010: The release of the Sweetling. An initial glitch caused the eggs to auto-abandon during the start of this event; as an apology, the affected scrolls were given alternate-colored Sweetlings with the color scheme of black and red, now known as Alt Sweetlings. This was the first event in which Spriter's Alts were intentionally introduced to DragCave.
- 2011: Release of the Rosebud Dragon.
- 2012: The first Valentine's Day event, "Send a Valentine", was introduced to users together with the release of the Heartseeker Dragon.
- 2013: "Send a Flower" event took place, similar to the previous "Send a Valentine" event. Arsani Dragon was released into the cave.
- 2014: The "Gardening" event occurred, similar to the previous Valentine's events. The Radiant Angel Dragon was released into the cave.
- 2015: "Dragon Matchmaking" event occurred. Decorations could be collected and used to decorate your chosen dragon's cave in order to attract a mate for them. This was also when the Heartstealing Dragon was released.
- 2016: "Giant Wings and Shiny Things" event occurred, featuring 7 stories across one week written in a "choose your own adventure" style. The Mutamore Dragon was released at the start of this event.
- 2017: "Valentine's Day 2017" event occurred, featuring a choose-your-own-adventure style text-based story with environmental artwork. The Soulstone Dragon was released at the start of this event- it was originally released as the "Cermorvus Dragon" but due to internal issues, the sprites and dragon were changed upon TJ09's dragons becoming adults. This dragon is the first breed on the site to have all of its spriters remain anonymous as a result of this event.
“Rosebud Dragons were the all-female Holiday species given out during Valentine's Day of 2011...Rosebud Dragon
“Arsani Dragons were the all-female Holiday species given out during Valentine's Day of 2013...Arsani Dragon
“Sweetlings were the all-male Holiday species given out during:Valentine's Day of 2010. They are...Sweetling
“Mutamore Dragons were the all-male Holiday species given out during Valentine's Day of 2016...Mutamore Dragon
“Valentine Dragons were the all-female Holiday species given out during Valentine's Day of 2009...Valentine Dragon
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Valentine's Day"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.