|Dark Green Dragon|
|Release Date||June, 2006|
|Elemental Affinity||◾Primary: Dark |
|Base Rarity||Uncommon (Regular)|
|Color||Green, yellow, red|
|Spriters ||Hawaiianbabidoll, |
Dark Green Dragons, also known as Vine Dragons, are one of the original species on Dragon Cave. Dark Green dragons are one of only a few species with an alternate or 'alt' form of their sprite. It also has the same base hatchling sprite as the Bright Pink, Red and old Holly dragons.
It used to be possible to know if a Dark Green dragon would hatch as an alt from the egg sprite; this is no longer possible and the alt form now is only visible after hatching. However, it has been proven that breeding a Dark Green dragon with a rare will slightly increase the chances of the egg being alternate.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg is sitting in a patch of grass and small flowers even though there's no sun in the cave."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon... except for the tangle of dangerous-looking vines surrounding it..."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon... except for the tangle of dangerous-looking vines surrounding it...
Now there are even more vines. Perhaps something is happening?"
"Dark green dragons, once they mature, appear to become an entirely different species. However, this isn't true. Rather, they burrow underground and get nutrients from their vines. These vines are sometimes referred to as Dragon Grass. These dragons are very violent, and will use their vines to capture, kill, and eat anything that moves, as well as nearby plants. Luckily, their range is limited and they cannot use magic. Dark green dragons tend to be easy to spot since they usually kill all plants around them and thus are usually surrounded by a large clearing."
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg|
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Built compact and low to the ground.
- Broad fan of five spikes at the back of the skull
- Plant appears grown into the dragon’s back, no roots visible from safe distance
- Heavy armored scutes along belly and neck
- Short, strong neck can hold off the force of a struggling buck without injury
- Plant does not appear to pollinate but rather appears to be used as a bird snare
- Observed to roar in anger and immediately kill animals attempting to graze on the plant
- Colour/number of flowers appears dimorphic: females yellow (3), males red (2)
- Aggression appears to be innate
- Exceptional specimens observed to kill nestmates, often over food disputes
- Less aggressive if kept out of the rocky lair and allowed to roam in a place with rich, clumpy soil
- Likes to dig holes. Lots and lots of holes.
- If lost, look in the holes; hatchling may be hiding in one with plant sprawled out
- Watch your step around the holes, next time you might lose your foot.
- Seems able to grasp the concept of a fair trade at an early age.
- Likes to forage for food, but does not like being too close to living plants; uses vines to pick berries/nuts/roots.
- The original adult sprite is a recolor of a Dragon Pod from Final Fantasy V.
TJ elaborated in the forums that the Dark Green dragon is one of few species that has a primary and secondary elemental affinity:
- It doesn't affect avatars at all. It's simply there for when the primary element doesn't tell the whole story. e.g. vines are heavily plant-based, which falls under the "Life" element. But having them be creation-aligned would be a huge mismatch with their personalities, given their angry and destructive tendencies, so they're primary Dark element to ensure that aspect is captured.