|Dark Lumina Dragon|
|Release Date||August 21, 2016|
|Elemental Affinity||Dark |
Dark Lumina dragons change color for 24 hours after they are bred to Turpentines, Waterhorses, or Albino Dragons.
The Lumina color changing phenomenon is a reaction to the mildy toxic oil, gelatinous goo and oily secretions which Turpentines, Waterhorses and Albinos are respectively covered with. The Luminas remove their scales in order to get rid of the oil or goo, so their color changes to reflect their scaleless body as per their official description: "... if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they'll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last." Bred eggs of a Lumina x Turpentine/Waterhorse/Albino couple are not affected by this and hatch as ordinary Luminas.
The exact process surrounding this dragon's breeding patterns are still currently unconfirmed (discussion can be joined at the DC Forums). They are known to occasionally produce Light Luminae, and likewise Light Luminae are known to occasionally produce Dark Luminae.
When sorted by "Breed", this dragon sorts as "Lumina Dragon-Dark" on a user's scroll. The eggs of this dragon are sometimes confused with those of the Avatar of Destruction.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg shines coldly in the moonlight."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It always seems to be picking over its scales."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It always seems to be picking over its scales.
And look! It has grown wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Dark Lumina Dragons received their names from their highly reflective scales, which—at times—seem to glow. They are vain, always strutting about and preening incessantly; if one of their scales has so much as a scratch or a defect, they’ll remove it. Luckily, their scales grow back quickly, and each new growth is more beautiful than the last. These narcissistic dragons live in small groups and prefer to surround themselves with beauty. The males guard their territory and eggs while the females search for meat to eat. Dark Lumina Dragons are much meaner sic] their cousins." [
- Corteo (All)
|Scaleless Dark Lumina|
(after breeding to Turpentines, Waterhorses and Albinos - lasts for 24 hours)
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
There are no notes available for this breed. Check back later; new information will be added periodically.
- The meat of Dark Lumina is much more gamey than their light cousins.
- A group of Dark Lumina is called a "Stáya" while a group of Light Lumina is called a "Tabún".
- The eggs of Dark Luminae are heavier than Light Luminae.
- A king by the name of Andreas once tried to make a Dark Lumina dragon into an ornament of his court and a play thing. The Dark Lumina promptly tore him apart, much to the joy of the kings successor. Some speculate that the successor bribed the Dark Lumina with a flock of sheep.
- They aren't a new dragon.
The spirits were completed about three and a half years ago - waiting for the right moment.
They aren't alts.
Even though they share hatchling sprites, Dark Luminas are a cousin breed. As such their behavior is actually quite different than their light cousins. Where as the light Luminae are fairly nice, dark lumina will mess you right up.
Dark Luminas are intentionally sleeker.
They are also longer, faster, and smarter.
They are tamable but are a bit like monkeys - they can live with you for years but someday just snap. The younger you get them the less likely they will snap.
There has been some speculation about how breeding works.
I'm not going to sic] how it works because that's no fun, but it's not simply luck - I'll say that much. [
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175849&view=findpost&p=9287071
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175849&view=findpost&p=9287078
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175849&view=findpost&p=9287514
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175849&view=findpost&p=9287811