|Release Date||April 22, 2009|
|Elemental Affinity||Air |
|Color||Light blue, purple|
The powers described in the dragon's official description have given many people the impression that Daydreams can control and influence the thoughts of others. However, the creator of the breed, Lythiaren, has denied this many times. She says that Daydreams merely emit an aura they cannot control- they cannot influence what people think. Likewise, their power is not strong enough to distract somebody who is concentrating deeply. She also explains that Daydreams are very sweet, playful dragons who don't have much of an attention span. This is reflected in their sprite poses, which Lythiaren has shown was designed so the male and female would kiss when put together.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg is sitting on a cloud."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It has a pink cloud that follows it everywhere. You seem to be having more difficulty concentrating since it arrived."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It has a pink cloud that follows it everywhere. You seem to be having more difficulty concentrating since it arrived.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Daydream dragons are the hosts of daydreams and fantasies. They spend the majority of their time sitting on clouds, dropping daydreams down into the minds of people passing by. Humans who live near Daydream dragons must be especially careful not to let their thoughts wander, or they can end up spending hours or even days in a trance-like waking dream state."
- Lythiaren (All)
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Very long, dexterous tail; easily several times longer than body length.
- Feature a few canine-like attributes: long snout, pointed ears.
- Body is covered in fine blue fur, not scales.
- Male wing-thumb is elongated and integrated into the wing, female wing-thumb is short and clawed.
- Thick purple mane (head to hip) and tail tuft; very difficult to groom.
- Dainty claws; no thumbs to speak of.
- Small number of vestigial scales on leading edge of wings.
- Do not attempt to ride clouds with them, you will fall through the cloud they try to catch you on.
- Very curious and energetic.
- Clumsy on their feet for the first four months.
- Will drop everything when presented with a shiny bauble, except food.
- Clever specimens ride through the air on magical, cloud-like constructs even before fledging.
- Everything is a chew toy.
- Unprotected caches of potion supplies frequently fall victim to snacking daydreams.
- Penchant for exploration has led to many cases of lost hatchlings; windchimes with small round bells serve as an effective beacon to guide escaped dragonets back home.
- Very playful by nature, actively seek out playmates if none are available.
- Will ride clouds around when too tired to fly.
- Known to enjoy playing in shallow ponds, much to the displeasure of resident wildlife.
- Unable to carry things on clouds; anything that is not the dragon itself simply falls through as if the cloud was not there.
- Despite known effects of the signature aura, these dragons are not capable of mind control or memory manipulation.
- Unable to carry passengers; wings poorly suited for carrying much additional weight in flight, bounding gait far too rough for ground riding.
- Frequently leave home to socialize with other daydream dragons, both wild and domesticated.
- Do not isolate; observed to become ill when deprived of social contact.
- Roaming dragons, found most anywhere, but rarely for extended periods.
- Large social gatherings of these dragons near human settlements often coincide with celebrations.
- Prefer to nest around chasms or cliffs near water or mana springs, typically jungle or forest ravines or coastal cliffs.
- Eggs are kept in caches in steep or rocky areas but hatchlings are usually moved to higher ground once hatched.
- Does not often roam very far from home, despite habitual roaming.
- Domesticated specimens’ “home” location lies where they were raised as hatchlings, an adult will always return there if lost.
- Before the Dimorphism change on March 26, 2010, both genders of this dragon appeared as the female sprite.