Here are listed some rules for creating articles, editing articles, and user conduct. For the most part if you use common sense you'll do just fine, although it is recommended you read these anyway. If you have any questions or concerns, contact Nyastara, MisunderstoodDreamer or Bluesonic1 on their Talk Page or the DC Forums through PM.
We'd just like to post a few things here for people to avoid as we've seen these problems crop up a lot and so we say it now to avoid having to keep fixing them:
- Please do not create articles on un-released dragons. This Wikia site is dedicated to in-cave dragons and events.
- Please do not create articles based on unconfirmed information, speculation, rumour and discussions from the forum. This includes things such as future plans for certain breeds or Breed Specific Actions, discussions regarding suggestions or changes to the site and debates regarding information pertaining to events or dragons. This Wikia site is dedicated to official and confirmed information, dragons and events.
- Please do not create articles on a dragon that already has an article unless otherwise stated by the dragon's sprite artist (if this becomes the case, contact an admin to let them know). To avoid this, type the dragon's name (if nothing comes up, also try other names the dragon is known by) into the search box to see if the page already exists. All dragons released at the moment have their own page but some links still link to deleted pages. If that is the case, simply remove the broken link and add the proper one.
- If you are going to mention a person's name on an article or write about them, please make sure you have permission from that person first unless you are that person. We've had cases already with people's names being mentioned and who got upset as a result as well as too much personal information posted on another member without their consent.
- There are severe consequences towards those who vandalise this Wikia. Said consequences depend on the severity of the vandalism but usually result in a permanent ban.
- Do not remove notices posted by admins on any article, however stupid or old they may seem. Failing to do so will result in a 3 day ban. However, if you see a notice that you think is outdated and should no longer be on the page, please mention this on that article's talk page or contact an admin directly so that staff can deal with it.
- Click sites and fansites are only allowed in this article and it's just a link in that article. Any articles made for a site or advertisements made for a site on this Wikia will receive you a one week ban. If your account was solely made to create that advertisement, you will receive a 2 week ban.
- Re-coloring a sprite to update it to look like what would be current is not allowed. Editing of any of the sprites here is forbidden without the permission of the original artist. Even if said permission is given, we do not accept re-colored or altered sprites on main articles- again, this Wikia is for in-cave and official dragons only. You're welcome to post those edited sprites on your user page however.
Rules of New Dragon Releases
All newly released dragon information is to be compiled on the "Currently Being Released" article and this article only.
- Create the dragon(s) article.
- Add the dragon(s) to the Which Egg Is Which page.
- Add the dragon(s) to the Dragon Types page.
- Add the dragon(s) to any page apart from the "Currently Being Released" article.
- Add information if it has not been seen in the cave yet.
- Add the spriter's alt(s) against the artists will. (The DC-Wiki team will ask for their permission)
- Add the spriter's alt(s) till they're adults.
- Add the spriter's alt(s) to the Spriter's Alt page.
These rules apply while the dragon is being released and after the adult has been released and it seems like they have been completely released. Failing to comply with these rules will result in a warning or even a suspension (one week suspension for creating the dragon's or event's article).
None of these will result in punishment if violated once but are a good idea to follow. However, if an administrator points it out to you multiple times and you do not listen, they may give you a short ban to get your attention.
- Please refrain from using nicknames for spriters in articles.
- Please do not talk in an article. Talk pages are there for a reason. Please use them instead of an article
- Please do not edit another user's page. Their page is for information about them and for them to put there. If you feel that the content there is inappropriate, contact an administrator and they will handle it.
- Please do not edit the official description of the dragon. Editing the description on the wiki will not change it on the site. If there is a grammatical error in it please post it in the Grammar Patrol thread on on the forums. If it is not an exact quote of what it says on the site, feel free to fix it.
This page will keep being updated where and when necessary, so be sure to check in every once in a while to be sure you are up-to-date. If you would like to submit a rule, post, feel free to post it in this article's Talk page.