|Release Date||October 10, 2010|
|Elemental Affinity||Fire |
|Color||Black, yellow, red|
|Spriters ||Vicats, |
Ember Dragons were released on October 10, 2010, alongside Harvest Dragons. The Ember dragon egg is one of the few species to host a unique cracking sequence to it- it sports red cracks, resembling live coals. They are also often mistaken for Magma Dragon eggs.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg is really hot."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It glows brightly, and seems to prefer warm areas."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It glows brightly, and seems to prefer warm areas.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Ember dragons have a great affinity for hot environments. While they themselves are not hot to the touch, their tendency to lurk amongst smoldering ashes has caused many to believe they are fire-starters. Their dully glowing markings serve many purposes; acting as a means of identification between individuals, as an important part of mating displays, and as a way of showing aggression. The long, low build of the breed makes them ungainly in flight, and the thick fleshy membranes of their wings hinder them further. As such, it is rare to see an ember dragon take to the air. Ember dragons are also not particularly sociable; females tend to be defensive, whereas males are more aggressive. Once they have settled with a particular group of dragons, ember dragons are incredibly loyal and will defend their pack with any means possible."
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
Vicats revealed that a few weeks before their release, she changed the egg and hatchling sprites.
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- This dragon breed is rather low to the ground.
- The inside of their mouth is a bright, glowing yellow.
- Covered in extremely dark scales.
- Their wing membranes are thick and opaque.
- Long, straight horns sprout from the back of their skulls.
- Their markings seem brighter around their eyes, mouth, and feet, as well as on their chest.
- There is a backwards-facing digit on their forelegs which allows them to grasp objects, though motor ability is limited.
- They don’t seem to like the other hatchlings.
- When they play with other hatchlings they tend to play rough.
- Adult dragons don’t seem to intimidate them.
- They climb into still-hot embers whenever they get an opportunity to do so.
- For some odd reason they tend to attack prey the same size as, or larger than, they are.
- Taking flight is only used as a last resort.
- Very aggressive as adults, which may be a result of the difficulty of finding food.
- Capable of powerful fire-based spells, although they tend to use magic sparingly.
- Not very social, but do live in packs (to which they are extremely loyal).
- Live in warm climates—especially volcanic plains.
- They seem to prefer hunting large animals.
- They swallow meat and bone alike in large chunks.
- Given no other option, they will eat bark and grass.
- Sometimes they will swallow stones; they will even go so far as to break specific stones down to ingest them.
- They don’t appear to drink any water.
- On rare occasions, they scavenge meat.