The "Seventh Annual Festival of Eggs", which began on March 27th, 2016, lasted for 3 days, in which users could collect up to 60 egg sprites.
If a user already received a basket from one of the previous "Festival of Eggs" events, the new eggs would be placed in there as well, separated by a border.
If members couldn't participate in any of the previous Festival of Eggs events, they got the chance to get an Easter basket badge by joining the event in 2016. A lot of the newer users were confused by the badge's description, since when they hovered their cursor over the little basket badge it would read "Easter Basket - 2010 Festival of Eggs". The reason for this description is because the images of the 2010 basket badges were also getting used for the following "Festival of Eggs" events, and the description of the image remained the same as a result.
- Coding - TJ09
- Organizer - Shajana
- Border - Infinis, Shajana
- Badge - Umbreonage, Nakase (recolored spriter badge from 2013)
- Spriters - Listed below
As the baskets were the same as in 2010, click here for more details: 2010 basket badge
|Festival of Eggs 2016 Border|
There were 60 eggs in total.
As They Appear in BasketsEdit
Sprites and Sprite ArtistsEdit
- Aangs-sister's eggs referenced SMT\Persona, Pokemon (Togepi) and One Punch Man respectively. 
- Adrak explained that their eggs were referenced to the game Fire Emblem Fates.
- Ananokimi explained that their egg was a "Jackalope".
- Birdzgoboom gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- i'm just going to go ahead with my references again so they're easier to see alongside the eggs:
- Sengoku BASARA's Date Masamune. Masamune's has one of his Dragon Claws (the set of three swords), the signature gold crescent from his helm, and the white pattern from the back of his coat on the egg.
- Sengoku BASARA's Sanada Yukimura. Yukimura's egg has his Spears of Conquest and his Rokumonsen necklace, as well as the flame pattern of his pants on the egg.
- Bluesonic1 gave the following explanation for their eggs:
Based on the video game The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim- the dragon is the Imperial Dragon from the series' symbol and the blue and gold colours of the egg represent the honourable Stormcloaks.
Based on the video game series The Witcher's game logo- the eyes light up as the pendant does in-game when an enemy is nearby and the egg glows with the colour Geralt's eyes do. The egg is near-white as a nod to his hair colour and tinted blue as he often wears blue coloured armours.
- Corteo explained that their egg was referencing coffee and espresso shots.
- Dianacat777's egg did not reference anything in particular.
- Fiona BlueFire gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- The only one of mine that really needs any explanation is
This is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. It's the tallest building in the world at 2,717 feet. My daughter had the privilege of visiting Dubai last year and seeing it and brought me back a really cool egg shaped trinket box with this painted on it. Basically, I made a sprite of my trinket box.
The other two: the one is just looking into the egg at the night sky. And a rainbow egg because.
Odeen mentioned that the cat face egg she did was for me. We lost our MacBeth just a couple weeks ago due to illness. He was not quite 14 years old and is very much missed. I couldn't do the egg myself. Partly skills and partly tears. I want to thank her sincerely for doing it for me. It means a lot.
- Joliver1998 gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- Lythiaren gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- Delta Rune (not AGoHD Asriel, if it was I would've put the technicolor dragon wings :3)
Toriel (fireball is hard to see against forum background /qq)
Sans (it was this or Bad Time Sans and this one won out)
Papyrus (I couldn't do Sans without Papyrus nyeh heh heh)
Undyne (obligatory egg of favourite character)
Alphys, with cell phone and brief glimpses of Endogeny, Lemon Bread, and Reaper Bird; Memoryheads and So Cold sadly omitted (made Undyne, must include Alphys)
Asgore (oops I made all the lost souls except Asgore better add him)
Mettaton (I'm on a roll LEGS LEGS LEGS)
The Player Character, Frisk (something simple and less immediately groanworthy to antifans)
The First Human, Chara (made Frisk MIGHT AS WELL ADD YOU I GUESS and then I ran out of time and couldn't make goatbro)
- NiramiTheRaven196 gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- Yay, reference explaining time!
This egg is a reference to the invulnerability powerup in Doom. I wanted to make it animated but got too lazy.
And this one holds the code to the secret level of the first episode of Blood - dagger, eye, moon. (Don't look up Blood if you don't like blood and scary stuff, that game can be nightmare fuel.) It's also the order of the keys picked up in the level, which itself is a hint for the code. I purposefully made the eye more draconic because a human eye would look too creepy.
- Odeen gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- I'm super happy with how well my evolution egg has been received! Evolutionary biology is my biggest hobby next to art. The egg has 85 frames, took 8 hours to make, and was inspired by the 40-second animation featured in the second episode of Carl Sagan's original Cosmos series (which is gr9 and everyone should watch the whole series).
My other eggs are more straight-forward: the 3 cats surrounding a shiny blue egg is just a picture of my cats, Jasmine, Vitas, and Loki. The kitten kicking the 2-egg with balloons on it was made for Loki's 2nd birthday, which took place on March 22. The tabby cat face egg I made in memory of Fiona BlueFire's cat, who passed away recently.
- Phioxse explained that their eggs were a hatching egg and the 7 human souls from Undertale.
- Shajana gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- Sif gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- As some have figured out, both on their own and from my earlier post, my white/gold egg is modeled after Bismark from FF14. Sadly, didn't have the time to make accompanying Ravana or Sephirot eggs as I wanted (was taking too long to put ALL THE ARMS on Sephirot's XD ) so there's just the one lonely Bismark egg as a reference to FF14.
As for my other egg, it's a heartbeat monitor over a gravestone egg. Not a reference to anything, just more a personal reminder that not all that is lost is gone, and will never be forgotten. I've had two major losses in the last three months, and as sad as it's been for me, just trying to remind myself to think positively and never give up. ^^
- Thuban's egg was a reference to Spike from My Little Pony. They also gave the following explanation for the eggs of RandomMarie and Tony:
- The ten year old, made one a few years back (2012? Carrot egg with tiny flowers). His sister really wanted to make one, and I didnt have enough invites for them both to make one, so they paired up (had they both made their own, I would have dropped out, to keep it fair). The younger one has been practicing for a little over a year now, so she was really, really excited to be allowed to make something for you guys. I have an entire collection of their attempts at making the dragons from about the time they were three. Someday, I'll go ahead and toss them out for everyone to giggle at.
- Tsukoyami gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- TheCompleteAnimorph gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- Yay~ My eggs reference, in order, Satori Komeiji from Touhou, the Pyralspite plushie from Homestuck, Princess Mikotsu from Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea, a wug (google "the wug test"), and CAT PLANET PLANET CAT PLANET.
- VixenDra gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- Okay, so these are my first sprites released to DC and I'm responsible for the yellow chick and the blue egg with a lily.
Their references are... um.. none ^^;
The chick egg - I decided to make a chick egg as when I looked at past FoE eggs and haven't found a single egg with a yellow chick! There was a duckling once and last year, as I found later, there was an amination with a tiny DC chick but that's it! Now we have a large chick FoE egg XD
curiosity: when I made the sprite I was unaware of that the egg should be more in the focus than just a bg for something else, and I had to switch the egg from the back of the chick to the front of the chick:D
The lily egg - well, my first FoE egg sprite attempt. No reference, just wanted to try to do sth else than a recolor and simply tried out spriting a flower, and I like the looks of lilies. That's it!
- Yamashta gave the following explanation for their eggs:
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173960&view=findpost&p=9162006
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173960&view=findpost&p=9162467
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173960&view=findpost&p=9163008
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173960&view=findpost&p=9163561
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173960&view=findpost&p=9162984
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173960&view=findpost&p=9161600
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173960&view=findpost&p=9163106
- ↑ https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=173960&view=findpost&p=9162295