|Release Date||June 19, 2007|
|Elemental Affinity||Air |
|Base Rarity||Very Common|
|Spriters ||Shikaru, |
Storm Dragons, also known as Gray or Fog Dragons, were one of the first original dragons on the site.
Originally, these dragons used to officially be known as "Gray Dragons". On April 12, 2015, it was noticed that their official breed description now refers to them as "Storm Dragons". When sorted by Breed, they are still listed as "Gray Dragons".
"This egg is surrounded by fog."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. Ever since it hatched, the sky has been full of very dark clouds."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. Ever since it hatched, the sky has been full of very dark clouds.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing. It's learned to use its new wings quickly and you now have a hard time keeping it on the ground."
"Storm dragons are the masters of the skies. They are excellent flyers and land only to rest and eat. In addition, they have full control of the weather. They are very hot-tempered and easily angered. They will attack any human that bothers them, conjuring strong winds and dangerous lightning."
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg|
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Lithe, lean, and well toned.
- Light colored scutes on the underbelly, either cream or off white, grey sides that darken to black on the back.
- Sharp, wavelike spines run the length of an adult from head to tailtip.
- Four horns adorn the head. Two face upwards and mostly straight, two face down and curved around the face.
- Excepting the large underbelly scutes, the rest of the dragon’s scales are so fine, they can be mistaken for hide.
- The foreclaws of a storm dragon are exceedingly dexteritous, for weather magic and other needs. Back claws are rather pawlike.
- Golden eyes like a raptor, able to judge depth and distance independantly
- Inside the beak of a Storm Dragon, one can find very razor fine, sharp teeth.
- Young hatchlings are much like others, except their play may be a little rougher.
- Hatchlings have a nubby ridge along their back that will sharpen and take on the wavelike appearance of the adults.
- Young hatchlings will explore every height imaginable within reach.
- Just before wings sprout, hatchlings may start scrubbing against rough surfaces.
- Upon gaining their wings, hatchlings start practicing the aloof and dignified manner of the adults.
- Winged hatchlings start getting adult conformations roughly three months after their wings.
- Winged hatchlings also dispense with all pretense of play in deference to rigorous arial and magical training.
- Take their own dignity too seriously; evident from their temper.
- The inscrutible dignity of a Storm dragon hides a near insatiable curiosity.
- Storm Dragons cannot abide being idle, and are constantly moving and exploring.
- If a Storm Dragon is still, it is either sleeping, reading, or scrying.
- Storms mate for life.
- Both parents raise the offspring.
- Always nest in high areas.
- Can and will fly great distances in a short time.
- There is no place that where they cannot be found.
- Seem impervious to drastic temperature changes
- Storms that live near water tend to be darker, sleeker, and more streamlined than their inland kin.
- Many human cultures have bought into the Storm Dragons’ own belief in their nobility, seeking a dragon’s favor to prove their own right to rule.
- Storm diets are as varied as the terrain they fly over.
- Some Storms are master fishermen, diving much like cormorants for a favored prey: otter, seal, dolphin, or sailfin.
- Some Storms will track their prey for miles over rough terrain.
- The more magically adept Storms have been known to capture prey even while asleep.
- During mating rituals, some Storms show their prowress by capturing arial prey as an offering for their mates.
- A good meal can last a moderately active dragon up to a week and a half at a time.
- A mated pair with hatchlings to feed have been known to use weather magic to down small herds to feed the younglings and teach magic at the same time.
- Before the "Dimorphism" change on March 26, 2010, both genders of this dragon appeared as the male sprite.
- The previous adult description prior to the name change was as follows:
- "Gray dragons are the masters of the skies. They are excellent flyers and land only to rest and eat. In addition, they have full control of the weather. They are very hot-tempered and easily angered. They will attack any human that bothers them, conjuring strong winds and dangerous lightning."