|Release Date||May 21, 2006|
|Elemental Affinity||Earth |
|Base Rarity||Very Common|
|Spriters ||Dovealove, |
Green Dragons were one of the original breeds released on the site. In the past, they were referred to often as "Common Greens" to set them apart from Dark Green Dragons. Today they are referred to as "Earth" or "Pebble" dragons instead.
These dragons are commonly sought after for their breed specific action "Earthquake". Using this ability affects all of a user's eggs; each one either hatches early, or is killed by the impact. The use of Earthquake is considered risky and often not used when more valuable eggs are involved. However, it is sometimes used in Neglected Dragon experiments to force eggs to hatch last-minute.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg is sitting in a pile of small pebbles."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It enjoys gathering pebbles and other small rocks and putting them in a pile."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It enjoys gathering pebbles and other small rocks and putting them in a pile.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Green dragons are also sometimes called "earth" dragons. They usually live deep within caves, and have power over the earth. They are capable of launching boulders at high speeds, and can cause earthquakes by slamming down into the ground."
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Egg Series
|Old Dead Egg
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Large with tough hides.
- Long, prehensile tails capable of lifting and hurling boulders.
- Inner wings are deceptively smooth to the touch.
- Horn-like spikes on the head are quite dull and largely for show.
- Do not blink often.
- Juvenile’s claws have not yet formed, but by the time they are adults, their claws are a prominent feature.
- They will file and sharpen their claws on hard rocks if broken; claws apparently aren’t sensitive.
- Referred to as “pebble” dragons in some regions.
- Loud and energetic, preferring to chitter out loud until they near adulthood, when they quiet down.
- Young hatchlings slam their body into the ground to launch the pebble piles they’ve created into the air.
- Older hatchlings will fly up into the air and hurdle into the ground to launch the cobble piles they’ve created into the air.
- Hatchlings compete to see who can launch their rock piles the furtherst.
- Use momentum rather than mass to launch rock piles, unlike adults.
- Tough hides can withstand very rough-and-tumble play.
- Younger hatchlings may unwittingly damage the environment around them during rough play.
- Powerful tails are used to hurl boulders and help create earthquakes.
- Impatient and strong, earthquakes may be created for protection, attacks, play, or even to hurry juveniles out of eggs.
- Do not take kindly to strangers unless meat is offered as a sacrifice.
- Make “nests” out of rocks and boulders.
- Nests are actually used for protection rather than laying eggs.
- Often located near raw earth mana and may even become protective of the mana.
- Tend to be territorial.
- Hard to befriend as they are slow to trust.
- Can be found anywhere there is solid ground–they do not like sand.
- Prefer darker habitats and appear to see well in dimly lit areas.
- Adapted to survive in a wide range of climates.
- Prefer caves but will also resort to sleeping within their nests.
- Become more territorial the longer they stay in one place.
- Not normally migratory but will move to follow food or if an area is becoming overcrowded.
- Prefer hunting.
- Will scavenge in times of need.
- Never turn down offered sacrifices of meat.
- Absolute favorite treat is pigs or any related animal.
- While capable of breathing fire, they rarely do so except to roast large chunks of pig to eat.