|Release Date||August 24, 2009|
|Elemental Affinity||Neutral |
|Spriters ||LadyLyzar, |
Horse Dragons were released on August 24, 2009, alongside Deep Sea, Neotropical, Waterhorse and Water Walker Dragons. They share their egg description with Skywing, Ochredrake and Frilled Dragons, but only share a habitat with Frilled dragons.
The sprite set was originally created by Silvanon very early in Dragon Cave's history. In 2009, a small group of spriters composed of LadyLyzar, Kila and Marrionetta went about updating the sequence to match current Cave standards.
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg has strange markings on it."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It seems to bear some semblance to a horse."
"Aww... It's a cute baby dragon. It seems to bear some semblance to a horse.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Horse dragons have equine-shaped bodies and hooves instead of claws, which allow them to be fast runners. They specialize in running takeoffs, which are quicker than taking off from a stand-still. Horse dragons are able to stalk their prey from the ground then quickly execute an aerial attack for the kill."
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Dead Egg
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Bodies reminiscent of equines, with large wings that can fold against the body for increased speed.
- Purple body with blue mane, glowing red eyes, silver horns.
- Wings allow speedy flight for short periods but are not ideal for soaring.
- Sharp teeth for finishing off incapacitated prey.
- Heavily feathered limbs with hooves instead of claws.
- Short, powerful necks with long manes.
- Long tail with flowing hair.
- Males have more feathering, shorter legs, and stockier bodies than females.
- Hatchlings are able to run shortly after hatching, jumping soon follows.
- Very playful, often enjoy races with other hatchlings.
- Usually affectionate toward other hatchlings and humans.
- Need a lot of rest after playtime, sleep frequently.
- Will frequently stalk objects and pounce on them.
- Will usually scavenge meat but will kill insects and rodents.
- Very rough with “toy” objects—will stomp on and shake them.
- Somewhat skittish when introduced to unfamiliar things.
- Prefer warm areas with lots of space to run.
- May den in wooded areas or caves, but open spaces must be nearby.
- Can often be found on open prairies.
- Area must have an abundance of prey.
- Usually avoid overly rocky areas.
- Heavy underbrush or tall grass is used to hide eggs.
- Proximity to fresh water is important.
- Will occasionally follow migratory prey to new areas.
- Prior to the October Sprite Update, this dragon did not have dimorphism and both genders were represented by a sprite that was tweaked into the current female sprite.