An incubator is an image you can post in signatures and various websites, showing your dragons and allowing people to click them. They are very widely used in the Dragon Cave forum, because it is against the rules to post your individual eggs (it causes spam and lag). The offical Dragon Cave incubator can be made for everybody's scroll, and looks like a piece of parchment with pictures of the user's dragons on it.
Only one incubator may be generated per scroll per half hour.
This option is available by clicking the "Generate Incubator" link at the top of a scroll.
When this page is clicked, a number of options appear, including:
- Sort Order: This includes options such as age, breed and scroll order. You can also choose whether eggs, hatchlings, frozen hatchlings and/or adults show, and whether or not duplicate sprites are allowed.
- Display: This changes what you want to be seen inside your incubator. You have the choice whether or not to show your eggs, hatchlings, frozen hatchlings, and adults.
- Size: The size of the individual tiles is either Normal (36x48), or Small (24x32). Normal tiles are larger, but more Small tiles can fit on an incubator. The option "Automatic" selects whichever tiles make sense based on incubator size and number of dragons.
- The size of the incubator itself is either Large or Small. The Automatic option also exists.
- Uploading: You have the option of not uploading, or to upload the incubator to ImageShack, TinyPic, or CDN.
- Other: Lastly, you also have the choice of including your username on the incubator.