|Plated Colossus Dragon|
|Release Date||March 28, 2015|
|Elemental Affinity||Earth |
|Color||Dark green, off-white, red|
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This massive egg is covered with thick plates."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. This large hatchling is well-protected by its thick, scaly hide. It is pushy and aggressive toward other dragons."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. This large hatchling is well-protected by its thick, scaly hide. It is pushy and aggressive toward other dragons.
And look! It has grown wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Plated Colossus Dragons are one of the largest dragon species. These huge brutes are notorious bullies—they prefer to steal food from other dragons rather than finding it for themselves. As their thick hides are impervious to most forms of physical attack, Plated Colossi simply ignore the other dragons’ protests, or lash the offending dragon with their club-like tail, which can easily break a limb. Plated Colossi have slow metabolisms and do not need to eat often, but they may consume nearly half their body weight in one feeding. These dragons are not incredibly clever and any discussion with them will often center around eating."
- LadyLyzar (All)
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Enormous compared to most other breeds of dragons both in height and weight.
- Oversized thick exterior scales overlap to form plated armor.
- Very muscular and physically powerful.
- Males are larger than females and have a thick spiked jaw; females have fleshy beard-like dewlaps
- Tail ends in a rock-hard club.
- Males have a bony chin crest while females have a reddish “beard.”
- Powerful wings enable flight for short periods of time.
- Coloration does not vary between environments as the dragon has no need of camouflage.
- Incredibly large and heavy compared to other hatchlings of similar age.
- Very aggressive toward others, especially those who are smaller.
- Will eat anything placed in front of it.
- Does not demand food unless left unfed for a long period of time.
- Pushes other hatchlings away from food and will steal more than their share.
- Will abandon other activities if food is nearby.
- May injure others due to overly rough play since their thick hides dull pain responses.
- Vocalizations consist of low growls and hisses; will also gnash teeth and swing tail in displays of aggression.
- Solitary due to the requirement for large amounts of food.
- Two Colossi will fight over resources outside of breeding season.
- Females inflate their dewlap to intimidate or impress the much larger males.
- Go on “feeding frenzies” that result in the dragon consuming up to half its body weight.
- When full, become much less aggressive and are often amiable.
- Will not eat again for about a month while their food digests.
- Frequently scavenge food from other dragons as they are poor ambush hunters.
- Both genders display destructive feats of strength to woo a mate.
- Can be found anywhere with ample food sources.
- Need a plentiful source of fresh water.
- Do not build dens due to their large size.
- Nest on the ground every night.
- Moves nesting site while feeding, remains stationary near water when sated.
- Females need a hiding place for young hatchlings and ample food for regurgitation.
- Does not try to blend in with its environment at all.
- Will often nest in shady places if they are available.
- Will eat anything.
- Try to maintain a fairly even balance of plant and animal sources.
- Nothing edible will be left behind on a carcass or plant.
- Are able to feed on rotting meat with no ill effects.
- Unaffected by toxic plants unless eaten in large quantities.
- Will eat gizzard stones to aid in digestion.
- Require large amounts of water.
- Dehydrated individuals may die from intestinal blockage.
- Regarding the females' beard/dewlap:
- It is a little beardie/dewlap thing that she can inflate to appear larger. The bright color is used to attract a male's attention - either to try and intimidate him or impress him during breeding season.