Male Seragamma Wyvern
|Release date||May 28, 2013|
|Color||Brown, orange, white, black|
Seragamma Wyverns were the seventh released dragons of the one week long "7th Birthday" release on Dragon Cave. Every single day from May 22, 2013 - May 28, 2013 a new dragon was released to the cave.
During the release the gendered hatchling sprites were switched. The males gendered with the female sprite and the females gendered with the male. Earthgirl informed TJ and he swapped the sprites.
The other 7th Birthday dragons were:
(in order of their release)
- Day 1 - Black Capped Teimarr
- Day 2 - Gilded Bloodscales
- Day 3 - Black Teas
- Day 4 - Hellhorses
- Day 5 - Coppers
- Day 6 - Blacktips
- Day 7 - Seragamma Wyvern
Official Dragon Description
"This plain-looking egg has faint speckles."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s got two pairs of large sharp claws that it uses to defend itself."
"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s got two pairs of large sharp claws that it uses to defend itself.
And look! It has grown wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Seragamma Wyverns are vicious raptors from volcanic valleys. They are fast and agile hunters with great vision. They are mostly active during evening and night. Seragammas are not only notorious for killing anything that can provide them with sustinence, but also their opponents during mating season. Such fights are usually accompanied by loud shrieks, used as a warning for other creatures not to interfere. Rivalry and fighting between male Seragammas tends to cause them to avoid their own gender; however, males will sometimes group up with more than one female."
- Earthgirl (All)
|Original Female Sprite
|Original Male Sprite
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
I'm glad that you like my babies!
Additional info on the breed:
- Seragamma hatchlings are chubby little hungry beasts because they're always full - their mommies feed them constantly so that they will grow up to be strong hunters and fighters.
- Female seragammas would go as far as risk their lives to protect their offspring.
- As soon as they're able to fly, young Seras will start hunting on their own - their first preys will be small and would often consist of birds.
- Seragammas hunt in small groups. It takes a group of 3 or 4 dragons to take down a large animal. They would surround their prey, intimidating it, while the male will be the one going for the throat. Each member will have their share of meat, as well of a share for their offspring.
- They will not touch rotten meat however, so they make sure to consume it as fast as possible or share it with others of their own breed.
- Their favorite kind of prey are wild horses, their meat providing these dragons just the right proteins.
- Their stomachs can't digest fish.
- They don't eat or hunt on other dragons; those of their own breed that are killed in fights are carried away from their settlements and left to rot.
- Seragammas would often attack humans invading their territories only to scare them away without trying to harm them; things might get serious if the 2-legged intruder approaches the eggs.
- Seras are almost impossible to tame and befriend as their generally aggresive behavior is hereditary.
- Despite being ferocious, they are generally tidy.
Other random facts(more or less obvious):
- Sera → evening(gamma) - their name has got nothing to do with behaviour, but the fact that they have the colors of the volcanic sunset.
- They aren't very large creatures; Just a tad bigger than a human.
- They have deep brown eyes.
- They have branched horns(antlers).
- Their DNA is very similar to one of a prey bird.
- They have a puff of feathers on their chest.
- Their manes are also feathered(duh!)
- A Seragamma wyvern egg is about the same size of an ostrich egg.