|Release Date||April 22, 2009|
|Elemental Affinity||Light |
|Color||Light pink, purple|
|Spriters ||LadyLyzar, |
Sunrise Dragons were released on April 22, 2009, alongside Balloon, Daydream, Dorsal, Pink, Striped, Sunset and Whiptail dragons. Sunrise Dragons are a 'sister species' to Sunset Dragons as both hatch from the same egg.
Sunrise and Sunset eggs will not hatch outside of their specified time brackets. In order to get a Sunrise rather than a Sunset dragon, a Sun egg must hatch between the hours of 6am and 12pm cave time (EST/EDT).
Official Dragon DescriptionsEdit
"This egg is glowing as brightly as the sun."
"Aww... it's a cute baby dragon. It enjoys sunning itself in the morning light."
"Aww... it's a cute baby dragon. It enjoys sunning itself in the morning light.
And look! It's grown its wings! It must be close to maturing."
"Sunrise dragons are closely related to Sunset dragons. However, their behaviors differ greatly. Sunrise dragons prefer to live in large groups, and enjoy basking in the early morning sun. They are usually most active in the morning, and go to sleep in the early evening."
Sprites No Longer In-UseEdit
|Temporary Holiday Sprites|
|Old Egg Sequence
|Old Dead Egg
|Stage 0||Stage 1||Stage 2||Stage 3||Stage 4||Stage 5||Dead|
- Pale flesh, purple-tinted wings mimic the coloration of a sunrise sky, glows when infused with sunlight.
- Very fine scales, almost appear to be smooth-skinned except for the prominent scutes that run the full length of the body.
- Lean and muscular, very athletic appearance.
- Long, flexible necks and tails, longer tail on males.
- Large flexible wings for extended flight, digits are not prominent.
- Mirrored silver horns and claws.
- Facial plating is more elaborate on females.
- Hatchlings are active in the morning and afternoon.
- Enjoys playing with other hatchlings.
- Loves to bask in the sun, and draws energy from doing so.
- Fascinated with shiny objects, but does not hoard them.
- Very playful and inquisitive.
- Males tend to be more vocal than females.
- Tends to bond with dragontender immediately.
- Females can be rather bossy and demanding.
- Very communal, prefer to live in groups of 10‒50 individual adults and their offspring.
- Are able to soar above the clouds to absorb sunlight on cloudy days.
- Each community is presided over by the strongest female.
- Males lead the flightsong, a daily vocalization ritual.
- Rise with the dawn and circle in the sky, gaining power from the sun.
- Immature hatchlings are carried by adults during flight.
- Courtship dance by locking talons while flying and spiraling downward.
- One male Sunset frequently remains with wild groups to guard at night, sometimes breeds with matriarch.
- Typcally found in open grassy plains.
- Tend to nest near a water source.
- Avoid rocky areas or forests due to risk of wing damage.
- Some wild populations migrate to follow summer daylight hours.
- Non-migratory communities tend to be more territorial during the winter months.
- Breeding females dig dens or choose caves that face the rising sun.
- Prey must be plentiful near nesting areas.
- Will sometimes snatch birds mid-flight.
- Hatchlings eat meat because they cannot survive high altitude flights.
- Hunt in open spaces, so prefer picking off vulnerable herd animals.
- Occasionally eat fruit and tree bark.
- Require large quantities of water.
- Are able to release stored heat from their bodies to melt ice during the winter
- Occasionally soil is ingested to provide the dragon with minerals.
- Before the Dimorphism change on March 26, 2010, both genders of this dragon appeared as the female sprite.